Tuesday 13 September 2016

EID-UL-ADHA : WHAT I WORE



Eid-ul-Adha Mubarak guys!! we thank Allah SWT (GOD) for sparing our lives to witness this one in good health and abundantly blessing with our family, may we witness more of it In sha Allah (God’s willing). For my international readers (if only I have one), who don’t know what EID-ul-Adha is all means. it’s the “festival of sacrifice” sacrifice of cows and other livestock, which in turn commemorates the story of Ibrahim’s (Abraham) willingness to sacrifice his son to GOD. if you still want to  know more about EID-ul-Adha , why and how Muslims celebrate it. stop by at www.barakasthoughts.wordprees.com Baraka was nice enough to pen something down for you.
 

For Eid I decided to ditch kimonos and Abayas for Ankara which represent my root #typicalNigerianGirl. I couldn’t remember the last time I wore something like this because of how lost I am in the world of Kinomos and all latest Modest wardrobe trends, forgetting our very own much respected Ankara. I’m sure a lot of people weren’t expecting this as my EID outfit, especially my close friends simply because they are already tired of hearing me preaching to them on trying something different for Eid, that is not to wear Ankara (which is like a norm in this part of the world). Surprisingly I wore one myself. Practice what you preach LEEMA! well don’t blame me too much, I just wanted to look different you know, also to show you guys that I can still be stylishly slaying in Ankara set. Y’all agree with me right? Do have a great holiday.







oh! you noticed my cute henna? I will be having a review of where I got them done soon on the blog.

No comments: